Monday 12 May 2014

Rio Ferdinand's Manchester United career is over....Bye Bye Rio


Rio Ferdinand's Manchester United career is over after the veteran defender was informed that he will not be offered a new contract.
It is understood that Old Trafford chief Ed Woodward broke the news to Ferdinand, 35, in the dressing-room following Sunday’s final game at Southampton. Several people were present at the time and expressed surprise that Woodward chose to bring down the curtain on Ferdinand’s 12-year stay at United in such a manner.

The former England defender told teammates that the 1-1 draw at St Mary’s was his last game on the flight back from the South Coast and asked them to sign a match ball as a memento.
BBC Sport understands he intends to continue playing but his next club is still unknown.Ferdinand helped United win six league titles, two League Cups, one Champions League and a Club World Cup.
In an open letter on his website, Ferdinand added "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future.
"Circumstances didn't allow for me to say goodbye the way I would have liked but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my team-mates, staff, the club and the fans for an unbelievable 12 years that I'll never forget. Winning trophies I dreamed about as a kid came true at this great club.
"I am feeling fit and healthy, ready for a new challenge and looking forward to whatever the future holds for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment